Primary Spine Care
As a Chiropractor my interest is focused on the Spine. Primary Spine Care such as; Rehabilitating Disc injuries, Sciatica, Pelvic injuries, Radiating arm or leg pain, Referred pain from inflamed discs or facet joints is a specific topic, similar in concept to Dental Care. The interplay between the Nervous, Muscular and skeletal systems gives rise to the dynamic functional Neuromusculoskeletal (NMS) concept. The NMS system describes the function of the Brain to perceive its environment through sensory systems, integrate that information and respond to perform an action if needed.
Chiropractic as spine care: a model for the profession
Part III: The Spine Care Model
In the course of discussions among the authors of this paper as well as others who were involved in the process, it became clear that there were many points of consensus. These consensus points are listed below in the approximate order of their importance to the model.
• Chiropractic as an NMS specialty, with particular emphasis on the spine.
• Chiropractic as a portal of entry (POE) physician/provider.
• Chiropractic as a willing and contributing part of the evidence based healthcare (EBHC) movement.
• Chiropractic as conservative/minimalist healthcare provider.
• Chiropractic as a fully integrated part of the healthcare system, rather than as an alternative and competing healthcare system.
Incorporating all of the above elements, chiropractic should actively market itself to the public and to the rest of the healthcare system in a sober and moderate fashion, and with a message that is completely compatible with current social, economic, political, and scientific realities. The balance of this paper will be devoted to examining these issues. https://chiromt.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1746-1340-13-9